The Randolph Township Free Public Library (the Library) offers Notary Public Services for the benefit of the residents of our community. The following guidelines will be followed in the provision of Notary Service.
- Notary Service is generally available 9 to 5, Tuesday through Friday, when the Notary is present.
- It is recommended that people seeking Notary Service call the Library prior to their visit to ensure that a Notary is available at that time and make an appointment.
- Notary Service is provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Documents will only be notarized in-person, not by the use of any communication technology.
- Valid photo identification—e.g., driver’s license or passport—is required of any person seeking Notary Service.
- Notary service is limited to three documents per person, per visit.
- The Library will not provide witnesses and witnesses may not be solicited from people using the Library. In order to serve as a witness, the witness must personally know the person whose document is being notarized and must be in possession of valid photo identification.
- Documents in any language other than English will not be notarized at this Library.
- New Jersey law requires that a Notary and the person seeking notarization be able to communicate directly with each other. Library Notaries are not permitted to make use of a translator to communicate with a Notary Service applicant.
- Notary Service is available only for forms required by a town, school or camp.
- Notary Service is not available for Deeds or other real-estate related documents, Wills, Living Wills, Living Trusts, Codicils or Depositions, I-9 forms, or Powers of Attorney.
- Certain public documents cannot be copied and notarized. Examples of these are: Passports, Birth Certificates, Death Certificates and Marriage Certificates.
- In accordance with New Jersey Notarial Law, Notaries will not provide service if the applicant, document or circumstances of the request for Notary Service raise any issue of authenticity, ambiguity, doubt or uncertainty for the Library. In this event, the Library Notary may, at his/her sole discretion, decline to provide Notary Service.
- Notary services are provided free of charge by the Randolph Township Free Public Library to Randolph Township residents.
Board Approved: July 2022